Shang Chi & the 10 Rings; Trailer Break Down + 11 Easter Eggs
Actor, Simu Liu plays the lead of Shang Chi. Legend has it that Shang Chi has superhuman strength. Trained in martial arts, meditation, and concentration, Shang Chi can battle God’s without a single weapon in hand.
1. Abomination Character
Appeared in Avengers’ Endgame and Incredible Hulk (2008). The character appears more comic book accurate. Since that appearance, Abomination has been locked away in a prison in Alaska. But, Feige has confirmed that Abomination will be in the new She-hulk series for Disney+
2. Julia Louis-Dreyfus may pop up in this film due to her efforts in recruitment in Falcon and the Winter Soldier and Black Widow post credit scene. It’s a no-brainer, she’d want to recruit this massive threat for her side. The actress will also appear in the Disney + She-Hulk series.
3. Shang Chi Wielding the Power Rings.
4. 10 Power Rings
In the middle of the flag depicting the rings, there appears to be two Tiger Swords. The chinese characters depicted from each ring is from the language Seal Script (I didn’t use accent markers which change the meaning). Thanks to New Rockstars, for the translation.
- 1. Quan: Power / Authority
- 2. Li: Physical Strength
- 3. Zhuang: Strong / Robust
- 4.Wei: Extraordinary
- 5.Jie: Hero / Outstanding Person
- 6. Shi: Power of Influence
- 7.Hong: Large / Extensive
- 8.Xiong: Powerful / Grand
- 9.Qiang: Strong / Powerful
- 10.Wei: Pomp / Power
In the comics, the 10 power rings (not bands) were used to power an alien spacecraft of sorts and it does appear they wielded their own power with each one. It is unclear if this storyline will appear in the movie version. MaKuluan technology that was stolen and rightfully belonged to the Great Protector Dragon. Could this be what the Dragon was guarding? Or is there something more powerful lurking in the film?
5. The 10 Rings Organization
10 Rings Organization, led by Mandarin is a terrorist organization threatening peace by any means necessary. Many different cells with different languages spoken in each one.
In Iron man, he was captured by a cell of the 10 rings Organization.
6. Color Scheme and Mandarin Duel
Shang Chi fights his Father, Wenwu or Madarin for possession of the 10 Rings which changes color due to the energy of the person wielding them. The colors are used throughout to signify time with his mother and with his father. His color comes from his mother so she has an important role.
7. Great Protector Dragon/Human Form, Immortal Realm
Mandarin is interested in the Immortal Realm and whatever it is that the Great Protector is guarding; set up to be the villian but not a cut and dry evil person. The Immortal Realm has a red door entrance that matches Shang Chi’s suit foreshadowing his destiny. Mandarin may have stolen rings from rightful ancestor owners.
8. Shang Chi’s mother
In earlier footage, Shang Chi, as a young boy appears to be receiving training from his mother.
She may be the driving force of Shang Chi’s father’s plans. Later, we see a candle lit shrine signaling her passing.
9. Shang Chi (Brother Hand) in full Costume
10. Marvel Movie Verse version of the Makuluans?
11. Special Carvings to Depict Family History and the History of the Ten Rings