The South Florida Rapper Continues His Hit Streak, Shares Another Video from JACKBOY
Few rappers have been busier in recent months than Sniper Gang‘s Jackboy, releasing videos at a rapid pace. On Friday, Jackboy connected with director Cassius King for the “Bring The SWAT,” video. It’s a cinematic adventure — Jackboy enlists two baddies to handle the work and count the money while he taunts law enforcement officers to, “bring the SWAT.” They do, but Jack is two steps ahead, leading them to an empty scene with the only trace of Jackboy being a Haitian flag. Little do they know Jack was there, clad in SWAT gear, and narrowly escaping by pretending to be one of them. The lyrics are equally sneering, “Pull up on a opp block, I’m a let the Glock pop/Oh that’s your lil thot thot, b***h come give me top top.”
“Bring The SWAT” is the latest in a string of quality videos from JACKBOY, the Pompano Beach, FL rapper’s new project. Marked by production from Tay Keith, Kid Hazel, Go Grizzly, TNTxD, and many others, JACKBOY reflects the artist’s wide-ranging tastes (he listens to Adele and Ed Sheeran more than he listens to any rapper), with instrumentals that range from the minimalist percussion-driven “Zombie World” to the East Asian tinge of “Freedom Of Speech“ to the hyperactive synth of “Hate The B!tch.” The project inspired a long list of successful video singles, including clips for “1K” (1.4 million YouTube views), “Pack A Punch” (1.5 million views), “Won’t Understand” (2.8 million views), “Cleaning Crew” (4 million views), and breakout hit “Pressure” (11 million views).
Home to the Kodak Black-featuring “Like A Million,” JACKBOY is the artist’s most successful album yet, propelling the rapper to the Top 300 of Rolling Stone’s Artist chart and pushing his Spotify monthly listener count past 1.1 million.
Watch “Bring The SWAT”: https://youtu.be/
Buy/Stream JACKBOY: https://
- Pressure (prod by TNTxD & James Maddocks)
- Won’t Understand (prod. TNTxD & DMac)
- Zombie World ft. Lil Sean (prod. by LJ Snappin)
- Critical Condition ft. YFN Lucci (prod. Prezzley P & ForeignGotEm’)
- Freedom of Speech (prod. HAJ Slid)
- Can’t Be My Wife (prod. Dzyonthebeat)
- Cleaning Crew (prod. Vicasso & SephGotTheWaves)
- Like a Million ft. Kodak Black (prod. Tay Keith)
- Pack a Punch (prod. Kid Hazel & Go Grizzly)
- Hate that B!tch (prod. Dyryk)
- Still ft. Blac Youngsta (prod. HAJ Slid)
- Murda ft. Casanova (prod. HAJ Slid)
- Freak ft. Warhol.ss (prod. Kid Hazel & DJ Marc B)
- Love is War (prod. Vicasso & SephGotTheWaves)
- 1K (prod. TNTxD & James Maddocks)
- Bring the SWAT (prod. HAJ Slid)
- Diana Ross (prod. HAJ Slid)
In three years of rapping, 22-year-old Jackboy has already achieved nearly 100 million YouTube views, 30 million at Soundcloud, and eight figure-streaming at Spotify. Born in Haiti and raised in Pompano Beach, Florida, the rapper beams with captivating personality and charisma. He emphasizes the important words, both in conversation and melodic rapping. Although spirited and youthful, the artist heard on “G To The A,” “Grimace,” and “Not A Clone,” appears wise beyond his years. Best friends with Kodak Black for over a decade, the Sniper Gang/EMPIRE artist released two albums, JackNDaBox and Lost In My Head, in 2019. Jackboy has plenty to say. The rapper released JACKBOY in April 2020, featuring singles like “Cleaning Crew” and “Like A Million” ft. Kodak Black.