At some point in life, we will all endure moments of grief, it is inevitable. However, with the support of friends and family, coping with life’s challenges can be easier. Life can bring about unpredictable circumstances that leave us shattered. In 2020 COVID 19 takes its place as being one of the most severe epidemics in the 21st century. Claiming the lives of millions, families are left to put the pieces to the puzzle together again. With so much uncertainty in the world right now, the decline of mental health rates are at record breaking highs.
There are many ways grief can affect someone’s life. Learning about grief and how it may affect a loved one is paramount. According to The University of Rochester Medical Center, there are different factors that may contribute to the way one carries grief. Death, for instance, especially the way someone dies can affect grief. Also, the relationship with one has with the person can affect one’s guilt in a different manner. Men are not as open about their emotions as women are. Therefore, men process grief differently than women.
Whichever way a loved one process their grief, there are ways to help them cope without making matters worse.
Nine Ways To Help A Family Member of Friend Cope With Grief
- Talk about the person who died. The University of Rochester Medical Center suggests that the person who passed name be used.
- Form a support group. Shelter your loved one with the love from other members of the family or friendships. A support system is a safe place for a grieving friend or loved one.
- Send a gift. According to Whats Your Grief, sending gifts can be healing. However, one should think out side of the box, sending a thoughtful gift like a baked pie.
- Being there. Sometimes, a little goes a long way. Sometimes just simply being there makes a big difference.
- Don’t be an enabler. Discourage use of drugs and alcohol.
- Be a listener. Listen without judgment or criticism.
- Don’t Force. Don’t force your friend or family member to share feelings that they aren’t ready to share.
- Contribute. According to UMH, contributing to a cause that is meaningful to your loved one can be healing.
- Help. Help with things around their house, like looking after a pet or watering plants.
Thank you for another informative site. Where else may just I get that kind of information written in such a perfect method? I have a challenge that I’m just now running on, and I’ve been on the glance out for such info.
I carry on listening to the reports speak about getting boundless online grant applications so I have been looking around for the best site to get one. Could you tell me please, where could i find some?
I got what you mean , appreciate it for posting.Woh I am pleased to find this website through google.
Great items from you, man. I’ve take note your stuff previous to and you are simply too great. I really like what you have got right here, certainly like what you are stating and the way in which wherein you are saying it. You’re making it entertaining and you still take care of to keep it smart. I can not wait to learn far more from you. This is really a wonderful web site.