For his 35th birthday, Drake went all out regarding its theme Saturday night. The bash went with a Narcos-themed party. Narcos is a popular Netflix show that exhibits the rise of the cocaine trade in Latin America. With a net worth of $180 million, he also includes a tribute to his sixth album, Certified Lover Boy.
Here are 6 takeaways from Drake’s bash:
1. The birthday party took place at Goya Studios in Los Angeles. This is also where Louis Vuitton hosted a private shopping experience back in September. It is also where the Parisian brand made a tribute to old Hollywood films.
2. Artists such as Future, Chris Brown, French Montana, Offset, Kawhi Leonard were also spotted at the birthday bash.
Additionally, according to ET Canada, the rapper had a cake modeled as Pablo Escobar. Escobar, who is a notorious narcoterrorist still beloved by many in Colombia for his attribution by helping those in need.
3. Drake went on social media to show glimpses of the party, where he showed on Instagram stories. He rocked a necklace with a picture of him and his 4-year-old son Adonis.
4. One of his friends also gifted him a Rolls-Royce Phantom. The “Fair Trade” artist got emotional and followed up with a throwback post.
”Back in 2007, we used to finesse this Rolls-Royce Phantom rental to convince people in the city we were destined to make it. I used to scrape together 5k a month somehow to keep up appearances. We whipped this to Ottawa to see @belly and @cashxo and to Montreal for my first show ever.”
Furthermore, Drake also mentioned the manifestation of his success:
”Park outside 15 Fort York while I and @ovo40 and @oliverelkhatib would be upstairs cooking what would eventually become So Far Gone. Even though I don’t recommend putting yourself in financial trouble for material things, I realize now that this was just my way of extreme manifesting. I needed to see it and feel it and have it to believe that I could see and feel and have anything I wanted.”
5. Drake received various messages from artists such as Nicki Minaj. The leggendary female rapper said “Happy Birthday goat”.
“Happy bday my brother,” DJ Khaled said.
“More life more blessings, my brother,” Future said.
Also, Beyoncé made a post on her website congratulating Drizzy.
— BEYONCÉ LEGION (@Bey_Legion) October 24, 2021
6. This is not the first time Drake threw a memorable birthday party. Drizzy is known for putting on amazing events every year, including last year’s bash. At that party, Drake dressed to impress in a dark gray blazer over a brown top while he mingled with guests.